Why buy a moses basket?
Apart from being a beautiful piece of furniture, you may wonder if buying a moses basket for your child is the right choice. This article will help you to better understand if it is essential to buy a Moses basket, or can you do without and head straight for a cot or cotbed?
According to the British NHS and The Lullaby Trust (formerly known as the Foundation for the Study of infant Deaths – FSID) recommendation, the safest place for your baby to sleep is on his back, on his own sleep surface, in the same room as you, for at least the first six months – both day and night.
- A Moses basket can take up much less space than a cot or cotbed, meaning it’s easier to fit in your bedroom. This is one of the main reasons some parents opt to use one.
- Moses baskets are becoming increasingly popular. They allow you to keep your baby close, while following the safe sleep guidelines.
- When deciding whether to buy a Moses basket or if to head straight for a cot/cotbed, consider where your baby will have daytime naps. Will you be happy to leave him in a bedroom on his own, or would a Moses basket that can be carried from room to room make you feel better?
Moses baskets are designed for newborn babies to sleep in for the first 6 months. They provide cosy and reassuring confined space for your child. As babies sleep most of the time, creating a relaxing and comfortable environment for their development is very important.
- The shape of the baskets creates a familiar and safe place for the baby to be (imitating the comfort of the uterus).
- Adjustable hood helps to cover the baby from surrounding lights.
- The mattress is water resistant and breathable allowing easy air movement and heat dissipation around your baby’s body keeping them cosy all night long.
Having a baby is an ultimate experience for all parents, despite the fact that the first few months can be quite challenging for them. Countless of sleepless nights and uneasy days are often experienced in the first few months of a child’s life. It is really helpful if you have the right products to make these nights (days) easier for you.
- Carrying handles are a useful feature, enabling you to move the basket around the house so your baby is always close by.
- You can place the basket on the floor/bed or you can place it on moses basket stand so you could rock your baby to sleep.
- Thanks to its small size, you can fit the moses basket to small spaces and different sized rooms. Most cases, moses basket can fit between the bedroom wall and the bed so you can see your baby when sleeping, take them out for feeding and then rock your baby back to sleep – all that without having to leave your bed.
- Another reason some parents buy a Moses basket is because they feel their newborn looks a bit small and ‘lost’ in a cot or cotbed.
- Jänku’s moses basket comes with a foam mattress, set of bedding and a hood, so there’s no additional costs.
- As your baby grows, you can use the moses basket as storage for toys, washing basket or keep it for another baby. Btw, cats seem to absolutely love sleeping in them.
♥ Once your baby is ready to move into a bigger bed, placing the basket into the cot/cotbed for a few days will make the transition easier.
♥ We hope that we have helped you make a decision that suits you and your new family member!